In keeping with the theme of "Banana Bambino's: Pumpkin," I've got a delicious (and super healthy!!) pumpkin mousse recipe for you, packed with plant based protein and fiber.
This mousse is a perfect fall breakfast, especially when topped with crunchy, maple-y pecans, sweet blueberries and a coconut butter frosting "Magic Shell"!!
Gluten free, Dairy Free, Vegan
You will need:
- 1/2 block light firm tofu (~7 ounces)
- firm tofu would work too, just add 1 tbsp plant based milk to the food processor
- 1/2 frozen, sliced banana
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- or a mix of cinnamon, ginger, allspice and cloves
- 1/2 tsp psyllium husks (optional)
- additional sweetener of choice, to taste (I used a few drops of liquid stevia)
- Place your frozen banana slices in your food processor and whiz them around a few times to start breaking apart the chunks.
- Break apart the tofu into chunks and place them in the food processor with the remaining ingredients.
- Process until the mousse is completely smooth and no chunks of banana remain.
- Scoop into a bowl, then top with 1 tbsp of melted coconut butter to create your "Magic Shell." The mousse should be cold from the frozen banana, but you can always stick it in your freezer for a few minutes for the coconut butter to harden.
- Top with pecans, blueberries and chocolate, and enjoy the flavors of Fall!