Have never been an avid popcorn lover but call me an addict after making some with coconut oil thanks to our lovely #bbpopcorn. Made this decadent, rich confection that’s accompanied with a crunchy popcorn crust, and I (@bunnysquats) officially love desserts more than humans now.
2 handfuls of kernels
4 tbsp coconut oil
3.5 tbsp cocoa powder
2 large ripe bananas
2 large ripe avocados
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp peanut butter
- Place corn kernels in a hot, large dry pot. Pour coconut oil into pot and shut the lid. Shake the pot now and then. Stop shaking and cooking when the popping sound stops.
- In a food processor, pulse 6 handfuls of popcorn and set aside. Preheat oven to 180C, and combine pulsed popcorn with maple syrup and peanut butter
- Press mixture into a 9inch springform pan to form a base. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- In a blender/ food processor, pulse avocados, peanut butter until smooth and creamy. Add cocoa powder until mixture and continue blending until even.
- Pour chocolate mixture over crust and allow to freeze over night. Serve with fruits the day after!