Sunday 14 September 2014

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes



Hi, Carina here. I thought I could share one of the most basic pancake recipes with you all today. Since it's pancake sunday, I felt like I could ring in fall with some Pumpkin Pie Pancakes.

Ingredients (serves 12):

1.5 Cups buckwheat flour
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseeds mixed with 6 tbsp water)
1 cup pumpkin puree or mashed roasted pumpkin
3 tbsp maple syrup
9 tbsp soy yoghurt (sub with non-dairy milk if needed)
½ cup soy milk (or any other non-dairy alternative) 
½ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp pumpkin pie spice (I used ½ tsp cinnamon and added equal amounts of nutmeg, ginger and cloves)

Method:

Heat your pan on medium to low heat. In the meantime combine all the ingredients and mix until well combined. I used roasted pumpkin and to prevent clumps I threw all the ingredients into a blender. Add ¼ cup batter to the pan and flip once the top starts to set. Serve with cookie butter and maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment